2.25.2008

WHY SPARE WHAT YOU CAN PLUNDER

(I hope Neatorama don’t mind)

Chatting with my old pal Chris,* listening to songs we loved in high school, and I, discovering I still love them:

tyler (10:17:17 PM): okay, almost over, calvin krime’s
up next
tyler (10:18:48 PM): actually no, garrison first, “focus, focus, focus”
tyler (10:18:53 PM): this song is way better than I remember it
tyler (10:19:15 PM): this is evil pop!
tyler (10:19:18 PM): CORPSES FOR CANNIBALS!
tyler (10:19:22 PM): DA-NA-NA-NA
tyler (10:19:41 PM): oh man this outro is killer
tyler (10:20:00 PM): my bad that was just a bridge!
tyler (10:20:01 PM): haha!

At this point, I begin my slow descent into madness.

buy

*Only now with formatting!

--------------------

Okay, enough messing around...

You might not know J. Robbins by name, but you’re probably familiar with his work. The man’s musical achievements are too many to list – fronting the legendary Jawbox, producing tons of amazing records (including the subject of today’s post). To put it more succinctly, he’s given us a hell of a lot.

And there’s probably no better way to give back than by contributing to the care of his son. I don’t have the articulation; just read for yourself. You’ll be glad you did.

(And yes - I recognize there's not many people reading this. But something’s better than nothing.)

No comments: